Ten Albums

Strange times indeed; even so that I am regressing to a Live Journal-esque state on here and following the suggestion set forth by one of my friends on The Socials...



I believe the idea is to choose 10 albums that greatly influenced my taste in music; and I will be crediting those who brought me to each of them:

What began my musical journey. Thank you Andy C.

It is only now, completing this blog entry, that I realise what an influence this had on my classical favourites. Thank you Cousin Anne.

Another soundtrack, but this time laying the foundation for the bombastic symphonies soon to come - and my first Zimmer... Cheers Mr Paulos!

The person who nominated me above, had more than returned the favour by introducing me to the wonderful worlds of Nightwish. Much obliged Andy D.

Turns out metal can be shouty AND fun. Danke Shell.

The gateway drug to Ayreon, Devin Townsend and so much more. Thank you both, Will and Mike.

So much beauty in sadness. Ultimately I can't recall who to credit especially, 
but Laura and Chantal - your names spring happily to mind.

Ever a sage voice in musical recommendations; but this one stands out from a significant number. 
Forever indebted to you, Rich K.

The best metal you can swing dance to. Happy times. Thank you Wabe and Kel.

Oh lords, I've hit ten already?
Fine. Tenth spot thanks goes to Dr Lucien Sanchez and their relentless attempts to inflict good things on me. :-P
Which they did.

=

And a hasty postscript to Emily for PSB, Quinn for Wovoka Gentle, L for Izia and Mai-ana for Devilskin. 

And no doubt more that will come to me at another time that escapes me...

-

I hope you also go through this process and be reminded of the musical joys that others have brought you x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Point of Christmas?

#DemocracyIsBroken

I've Fallen In Love With A Hippopotamus